What Is A Certified Specialist?
In Ohio, attorneys who have extensive experience and knowledge in a particular area of law can become certified specialists. There are only around 150 certified workers’ compensation specialists in Ohio, which is a testament to the complexity of that area of the law.
Attorney Charles Kranstuber is certified as a specialist in the field of Ohio workers’ compensation. His practice is focused solely on workers’ comp cases and helping injured workers secure the benefits they need. For a free consultation with a certified workers’ comp specialist, contact our law firm online or call us at 614-255-6134.
How Does an Attorney Become a Certified Specialist?
In order to become a certified specialist in the area of Ohio workers’ compensation, an attorney must:
- Remain in good standing with the Supreme Court of Ohio
- Demonstrate financial responsibility
- Demonstrate that he or she has substantial and continual involvement in workers’ compensation
- Submit references and recommendations from peers attesting to his or her competency in workers’ comp law
- Complete continuing legal education (CLE) courses
- Complete and pass a written examination on workers’ compensation law and practice
In order to remain a specialist in workers’ compensation, an attorney must be recertified every seven years and take 12 credits of CLE every two years.
What Is the Benefit of Hiring a Certified Specialist?
When you work with a certified specialist, you know that you are working with an attorney who has extensive experience handling workers’ comp cases. Certified specialist Charles Kranstuber has a thorough understanding of the complexities of the law, and he is dedicated to staying up to date on recent changes in the law.